May 2021/June2021 Newsletter
- Public hearing for the Annual Budget for 2021-2022 will be held on June 8, 2021 at 6 pm. The public is encouraged to attend.
- The next Town Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 6:30 pm. The public is encouraged to attend.
- Copies of the 2020 CCR (Annual Drinking Water Quality Report) are available at Town Hall. This report will not be mailed but will be in the Newspaper on May 27, 2021.
- Clarendon County Law Enforcement Agencies will be sponsoring HARVEST HOPE FOOD BANK at the Turbeville Fire Department-1292 Green Street. It will be held on Thursday, July 22, 2021 from 10 am-until. Please wear a mask and remain in your vehicle and drive through. Any questions or concerns, please contact Lawrence Hammett at 803-435-4414.
South Carolina Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
You may qualify to receive $25 worth of coupons to buy fresh fruits and vegetables from authorized farmers this summer!
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- Must be a low-income senior aged 60 or older
- Have a valid driver’s license or state issued ID (must be presented to pick up)
- Live in a participating county
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit dss.sc.gov to complete an online application from May 1st thru June 1st.
Clarendon County Residents may call Monday-Thursday 10am-2pm for assistance 803-435-8593.
Cannon Ag Products, LLC
4988 Turbeville Hwy, Turbeville SC, 29162
Fresh Local Produce!
We grow watermelons, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, butterbeans, dixie lee peas, and much more! Come by and see us!
- May is Brain Cancer Awareness Month. We painted the town gray in remembrance of Hugh Smith who put his whole heart and soul into giving and supporting our little community.
- Memorial Day is Monday, May 31st 2021. Thank you to all of the men and women who have served/serve our Country!! Town Hall will be closed.
- June is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month.
- Flag Day is June 14th 2021. We will be decorating the Town with American Flags to represent this day.
Father’s Day is Sunday, June 20th 2021. Happy Father’s Day to all of the Dads in our community!
Town Hall is now open to the public. You may come in to pay utility bills.
Check out our new website at www.townofturbeville.com
If you would like your business advertised in our newsletter, please contact us at 843-659-2781.