Reminder of Requirements for Building Permits and Business Licenses

Please be reminded that any new construction, addition, or alteration of existing residential or commercial structures, including the installation of swimming pools and certain additional accessory structures, and the installation or replacement of any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing systems regulated by the International Building Codes can only begin after the required building permit is obtained at the Clarendon County Planning Department.

In addition, any contractor performing such work in the town of Turbeville is required to first obtain a business license.

Please contact the municipal clerk at Town Hall should you have any questions about the required building permits and business licenses.